General Ledger Accountant
Join Asana’s world-class Accounting and Finance team and help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will be involved in all general areas of accounting and assisting in multiple ad hoc projects - audit, month-end close, ensuring accuracy with multiple finance system integrations, as well as other fun accounting challenges!
The ideal candidate is super detail-oriented, self-starter, curious, and analytical. You should have exceptional communication skills and not be afraid to speak up. We’re looking for process improvers that can easily pick up the high level business goals and apply them to the accounting operations. There is a wealth of knowledge to be learned and we’re looking for a team player that is excited to jump right in!
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Perform month-end financial reporting tasks related to cash & investment accounts, fixed assets, and other balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and other month-end general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and ensure proper general ledger coding in support of monthly closings
- Month-end variance analyses and presentation to stakeholders
- Preparation of support to be provided to the external audit team
- Drive continuous improvement around processes & systems and assist in automating procedures
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close cycle
- Ensure processes are SOX compliant
- 3+ years of accounting experience including at least 2+ years in public accounting and/or a technical accounting role in a multinational public company or pre-IPO/high growth company
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Detail oriented: able to work with large volumes of data with speed and accuracy. Ability to self-check work.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, SOX controls
- Ability to manage multiple task, take ownership of work, and improve processes
- Intermediate Excel skills and Netsuite knowledge, a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $110,000 - $134,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.