Head of Global Workplace & Real Estate
The Workplace team provides support for every employee at Asana, from creating a welcoming experience upon entry to all of our global offices to designing, building and maintaining comfortable, inclusive, work environments across the globe. We are committed to creating environments in which all Asana's can perform at their best.
We’re looking for an experienced, strategic and relationship-driven Global Head of Workplace to manage the operations and environment of our global offices. This leader will oversee our workplace teams, responsible for new and existing lease agreements and expansions, day-to-day site operations, security, culinary, workplace projects, and employee health and safety.
This role is based in our San Francisco office and requires working from this office Monday through Friday. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead our Global Workplace team including direct management of managers across the regions and our workplace pillars (Project Management, Environment, Health & Safety, and Culinary).
- Develop, communicate, and implement a long-term strategy for workplace operations in alignment with Asana’s Mission and objectives.
- Engage and influence stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional partners including the People Team, IT, Legal and Finance, to ensure that Workplace goals are achieved
- Review, negotiate, and execute lease contracts for multiple office spaces, ensuring favourable terms and alignment with organizational objectives.
- Plan and manage global workplace budgets, optimizing cost-efficiency and value, in collaboration with the Finance business partner.
- Manage a diverse range of vendors, ensuring cost-effective and high-quality service.
- Proactively identify and recommend initiatives and best practices that focus on improving employee experience, cost reductions, risk mitigation and other factors that affect workplace effectiveness.
- Commit to ongoing professional development, including staying up to date on industry trends and emerging technologies to enhance workplace efficiency and Mentor, train, and develop workplace managers, fostering a culture of excellence, teamwork, and continuous learning
- 8+ years of experience in global workplace management
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, lead, and grow a diverse team across multiple regions
- Exceptional project management and budgeting capabilities, including global, complex projects
- Skilled in stakeholder management, ability to interact with both external and internal stakeholders facilitating strong relationships
- Strong customer service and problem-resolution experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, comfortable leading through ambiguity and change
- Willingness to travel as required
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $190,000 - $256,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.