Product Manager, Core Performance
We are looking for a product manager for our Core Performance team. Asana’s mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Making the Asana product feel fast and performant is critical for keeping our users in a state of flow. At Asana, the Product team builds features end-to-end. From designing our data models to implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good software from great software. We work closely with UI designers and are supported by our infrastructure team. We aim to delight users with both large new features and smaller, daily product enhancements—thanks to our continuous deployment architecture. We want to create a superlative user experience, down to the smallest details.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Elevate the way our users experience Asana's performance, by empowering Asana teams to measure, understand, and improve it.
- Define and lead the strategy for our Core Performance team and broader performance program that empowers product teams to build performant new features and keeps customers in a state of flow.
- Work with leaders across the organization to maintain alignment and clarity around our performance objectives and commitments.
- Be the champion of our customers. Use customer insights and metrics to ensure the team is focused on solving the highest-impact customer pain points.
- Work to validate hypotheses via AB testing to inform overall strategy and help to grow the business.
- Embed performance in our product development process to ensure all new features are fast and delightful for our customers.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or equivalent experience. Experience with performance or a frameworks or infrastructure team is a plus but not required.
- A proven ability to lead a group of people or an organization to achieve ambitious objectives. You create and execute effective plans in line with an organization's objectives, and motivate & inspire others towards an articulated vision.
- You have a passion for being with customers and telling their stories. Business needs can be balanced with the customer experience.
- The ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. You have a demonstrated ability to autonomously hop in and problem-solve across a wide array of projects, flexing your skills to help where needed.
- Tackle problems head-on and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. You provide leadership to creatively solve complex problems with your fellow leads, demonstrating the ability to generate several ideas or solutions and reject false tradeoffs.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teammates and company leaders. You consistently create and maintain clarity across the organization, leveraging your subject matter expertise to drive decisions.
- Systematically approach problems, ensuring we sustainably and effectively consider performance in Asana’s product development process.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $258,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.