Head of Marketing Operations
To help power our next wave of growth, we’re looking for a Head of Marketing Operations to join Asana and lead the Marketing Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of marketing operations, including strategic marketing planning & initiatives, budget management, marketing technology oversight & implementation, and team leadership. You’ll set the vision and drive the execution of our operations roadmap across teams, processes and systems. You’ll partner with and enable each part of the marketing organization to accelerate workflows and drive business results. And, you’ll work closely with Sales Ops, Enterprise Technology, and Finance to help create and deliver shared projects and outcomes across our Go-To-Market organization.
This position is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you'll achieve
- Define the vision and long-term roadmap for marketing operations at Asana. Build the Marketing Operations team, including hiring, coaching and growing top talent. Manage executive stakeholder relationships across marketing & the wider GTM leadership team.
- Partner closely with our CMO to “run Asana on Asana, ” managing and optimizing key Portfolios and projects, company & marketing planning, budget management and more.
- Work closely across key marketing teams to operationalize, optimize and where possible automate key projects & campaigns. In partnership with enterprise technology, own and optimize Asana’s martech & data platforms, including building the roadmap, monitoring system health, optimizing performance, and ensuring data quality & compliance. Coordinate with teams to identify optimizations, better integrations and potentially new tools to increase performance.
- Own response management & lead flow from Marketing to Sales, including testing and refining lead & account scoring thresholds, and ensuring accurate lead & contact capture and attribution in Salesforce. Define, document, establish and optimize key funnel metrics across our PLG and SLG motions.
- 8+ years of experience in B2B marketing operations, of which 4+ are in martech, project management or demand gen roles.
- 4+ years of experience in building and managing teams.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing, marketing automation and AdTech technology, e.g. Paid Media, SEO, Marketo, Eloqua, Responsys, or ExactTarget/SFMC.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Experience with reporting and dashboarding in Salesforce.
- Experience establishing partnerships with Sales teams, including working with self-serve and enterprise sales teams.
- Collaborate with Business Technology teams to choose and deploy new tools, involving defining requirements, assessing options, scoping projects, and supporting implementation.
- Experience driving business strategy or success through data and insights.
- Able to communicate and influence effectively at all levels and comfortable working in and leading a high-performing team in a fast-moving, agile environment.
What we offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $252,000 - $340,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.