Senior Data Scientist, Use Cases
We are actively seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our Use Cases team at Asana. The Use Cases team focuses on creating product features on top of the Asana platform that supports and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of our customers’ key business processes. In this pivotal role, you will play a crucial part in shaping the product strategies and directions of the Use Cases team.
As a senior member of our team, you will not only contribute significantly to the success of the Use Cases team but also take the lead in making strategic contributions across the organization. Your responsibilities will extend beyond your immediate team by driving strategic analysis, owning of key metrics, leading experimentation, and proactively applying AI and machine learning models to our product.
The Product Data Science team works closely with our product, engineering, design, user research, and product marketing teams; we work to make sure teams are asking the right questions and then find those answers. We understand our company’s goals and proactively inform their direction with data so that our product can help more teams do great things.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Develop a deep understanding of customers' pain points; scope and execute strategic analysis that reveals high-impact strategic opportunities and product directions.
- Communicate and influence key product decisions using data.
- Design experiments that measure product progress, and own key performance metrics.
- Seek opportunities to solve customer pain via AI and machine learning models.
- Collaborate with other Data Science in the team to research, identify and disseminate best practices across teams.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in product analytics/data science in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in collaborating with Product, Engineering, Design, and UXR in driving key strategic/tactical decisions using data at the product team and product group levels.
- Strong ability to empathize with real-world customer problems and use data to solve their problems.
- Experience in scoping and planning projects with cross-functional stakeholders and driving technical execution.
- Strong ability to communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences, and craft compelling and actionable recommendations.
- Experience with online experimentation, causal inference, and machine learning to solve and optimize critical business problems and metrics.
- Expert in relational data modelling and SQL and fluent in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. R, Python, or Scala).
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $171,000 - $258,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.