Employee Communications Business Partner, People Team
We are looking for an experienced and passionate communications expert to join our Employee Communications and Experience team. As the Employee Communications Business Partner to the People Team, you will partner closely with our Head of People, her Chief of Staff, and the senior People Team leaders to develop compelling and clear communications around our People and Culture programs.
You will also play a lead role in driving company change communications. From company-wide initiatives to policy rollouts to organizational shifts, you will manage change in line with our values of clarity, mindfulness, and heartitude. You will consistently provide positive, proactive, and trusted communications counsel to senior stakeholders, which will include taking the lead on mission-critical Staff communications, emerging issues, or crises as needed.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you'll achieve
- Provide strategic communications support to the Head of People across multiple formats and channels to co-create clear, engaging company communications that consistently connect Asanas to our mission and values while driving awareness of our People strategy, objectives, and progress
- Work closely with the People department and program leads (Diversity Inclusion & Belonging, Social Impact, Total Rewards, People Development, Talent Acquisition) on messaging, positioning, and channel strategy to drive understanding and engagement across people programs
- Partner with the People Team Chief of Staff to develop an annual calendar and communications plan for People programs, projects, and trainings
- Own People and Culture content—which can span written, visual, or in-person activations— for our overall editorial calendar (e.g. employee success spotlights, company values campaigns, company-wide recognition)
- Represent Employee Communications on the cross functional Manager Enablement Committee to co-create the communications strategy and content for managers in partnership with People Development, People Partners, Diversity & Inclusion, and People Ops
- Partner with the Head of People, Chief of Staff, and People Partners to drive strategic communications plans that support change management for the People team
- Own People & Culture content for annual ESG reporting
- Work closely with the regional GM’s and people partners to develop systems that support the cascade of information to regional employees to align with central messaging and takes into account local sentiment, communication norms, and diverse audiences
Change and Crisis Communications
- Lead communications for company-wide change management initiatives pertaining to People and Culture programs or policies
- Develop self-service playbooks to support change management throughout the organization
- Develop strategies to effectively and swiftly respond to a variety of crisis situations; build internal comms rapid response protocols and playbook
- Serve as lead writer for social issues, and crisis communications
- 8+ years of strategic internal communications experience with People/HR communications experience preferred
- Exceptional writing, editing, and visual communication skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Experience working for a company selling to large enterprises in competitive environments
- Experience working for a globally distributed company
- Ability to translate technical concepts (e.g. compensation philosophy and programs) into broadly accessible language
- Demonstrated experience in change management, helping organizations lead employees through rapid change
- Self-starter characteristics, a high degree of self-direction and independent drive
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leadership stakeholders, driving results, and delivering creative solutions in a highly dynamic and ever evolving landscape
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $164,000 - $208,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.