Head of AMER Revenue Strategy
We are seeking an experienced Strategy and Operations leader to lead our Sales Strategy team supporting the Americas. The Head of AMER Revenue Strategy, along with the team they will lead, will partner with Asana’s Sales Leadership and GTM teams to define region and segment-level GTM strategy; drive operational excellence; and lead strategic initiatives in support of this high-growth business. In this role, you will be key in ensuring Asana delivers repeatable, predictable, and scalable value for its customers. You will report to Asana’s Global Head of Revenue Strategy.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Define Asana’s go-to-market strategy for the AMER region over a 1-3 year time horizon, acting as a strategic partner to the GM of AMER
- Translate the 1-3 year go-to-market strategy into a set of decisions, investments, and detailed plans during annual planning season in partnership with Sales and Finance
- Drive data-driven decision-making and proactively surface insights to the business. Drive core business cadences to monitor the health of the business (e.g., forecasting, QBRs)
- Identify, own, and execute strategic initiatives to up-level and unlock growth for Asana’s revenue organization, often working cross-functionally across sales/customer success/operations/marketing/product/people and talent
- Hire, develop, and retain a world-class team
- 10+ years of experience in strategy, operations, consulting, or similar roles within a SaaS enterprise environment
- Experience building and managing multi-layered teams
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and act as a trusted advisor to executive stakeholders
- Experience managing complex projects end-to-end; from inception to design to execution and, ultimately, impact
- Exceptional analytical fluency, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ownership mindset. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and find creative solutions to ambiguous challenges
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $234,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family-building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.