Head of Learning and Development
Asana is looking for an experienced Head of Learning and development with deep expertise in designing and executing end-to-end scalable programs for the development of managers and employees at all levels. Responsibilities include strategic planning and tactical execution; analyzing organizational needs, creating alignment with business strategy, day-to-day operations, budget and vendor management, and stakeholder management. If you are passionate about shaping the way a growing company enables its employees to succeed, then this job is for you. This role will report directly to the Head of Growth and Impact and be based in San Francisco.
The People Team at Asana works to enable all Asanas to achieve our goals as a company in a way that is consistent with our values. The Learning & Development team at Asana focuses on creating experiences in service of enabling our Asanas to be their best selves, managers, leaders, and teams. Our goal is to ensure that all Asanas are thriving, maximizing their impact and growing. All of this is in service of our mission: To help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Drive the strategy and roadmap to connect learning and development with business priorities across key audiences - managers, employees, leaders
- Provide expertise on best approaches and modes of learning ranging from self-service to off-the-shelf to customized options
- Identify pragmatic recommendations that align with Asana’s culture, and business rhythms, and ensure sequencing and pacing are optimized
Program Management and Operations
- Drive L&D programs end to end including:
- Analyzing learning needs, objectives, and expected outcomes of learning programs
- Planning, project management, and execution of projects on time and within scope for cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate across the People Team to create seamless end-to-end learning experiences for cohesion with D&I, People Partner inputs, Employee Relations, etc.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Identify, select, onboard, and manage vendor partners to execute on strategy
- Identify a roadmap of systems/tools needed to support L&D efforts for today and the future. Advise on system implementation to ensure L&D programmatic needs are met
- Establish and measure L&D program effectiveness based on impact, knowledge and behavior change
Execution & Facilitation
- Facilitates virtual, blended and live learning experiences
- 8+ years of hands-on experience building scalable learning & development in a high-growth company from the start-up to scale-up phase
- Expertise building programs focused on manager, leadership development and scaling programs
- Self-starter and leader comfortable with content creation and operational process building across the L&D domain
- Biased towards action and getting things done and prioritize progress over perfection: solving problems for our existing reality vs optimizing for the ideal
- Organized, end-to-end process-oriented, and efficient while being adaptable to changing priorities and comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Deep expertise in learning & development space including familiarity with progressive thought leadership and methodology and the ability to provide strategic and proactive guidance that helps Asana succeed
- Experience consulting with business leaders and stakeholders, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and the experience being a strategic partner
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $252,000 - $340,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.