Head of Sales Assisted Global Growth
The Asana Marketing Team is responsible for fueling business growth and building a brand customers love. We create campaigns and content to attract new accounts and inspire current ones to grow with us. We continue to grow, with a global team focused on revenue and field marketing, product marketing, brand and content creation, advertising, and lifecycle marketing.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join our team as the Head of Self Serve Growth Strategy. In this strategic role, you will be responsible for driving and optimizing our product-led growth initiatives in close partnership with our Product team, as well as accelerating sales-assisted SMB growth with the support of our outsourced team at Marketstar. You will oversee the operations and strategy for our PLG efforts, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to accelerate user acquisition and conversion. As the Head of Self Serve Growth Strategy, you will play a crucial role in shaping our company's growth trajectory and driving measurable business outcomes.
**This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule.** Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead cross-functional teams focused on accelerating our Product-Led Growth (PLG) self-service revenue
- Collaborate closely with Marketstar Inbound, Sales, and Customer Success teams to develop and implement scalable, low-touch SMB growth strategies
- Coordinate with the Product Team to set and continuously iterate on the retention strategy within Product-Led Growth, aligning with Asana’s overall strategy and revenue goals
- Identify key areas for PLG Growth team members to dig in and build strategic plans, then coach, advise, and directly manage the team as they execute with cross-functional partners
- Work closely with Analytics and Data Science to monitor PLG revenue and funnel health, identify PLG areas for improvement, as well as surface new opportunities
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute growth experiments and A/B tests, and iterate on product features and experiences to optimize user activation and conversion
- Coordinate with Sales and Ops to build out the Product-Led Sales (PLS) motion by identifying, operationalizing, and systematizing where and how PLG can accelerate Sales
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting, BizOps, Product, Growth, or similar metrics-driven strategic functions; some tech in-house experience required
- Deep experience and passion for Product-Led Growth (PLG), as well as curiosity about where PLG can support Sales at the frontiers of Product Led Sales (PLS)
- Experience directly managing small teams, program managing the work of large cross-functional teams, and collaborating with senior cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience operationalizing strategic plans, including setting resourcing, navigating tradeoffs, and ensuring timely execution; experience with Product roadmaps is a plus
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset, with the ability to derive insights from complex datasets and translate them into actionable strategies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to simplify complex ideas and systems
- Familiar with growth tools, analytics platforms, and CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce, Tableau, GrowthBook)
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $218,000 - $294,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.