Manager, Technical Support
The global User Operations team provides high-volume customer support as part of our Customer Experience organization. We are always looking for ways to enhance our offerings and we are excited to welcome an experienced tech support professional to help build out our tech strategy and team. This requires a passion for customer service, deep technical expertise, and people management experience. We need someone who can get hands-on with technical support tickets and escalations and partner with teams like Engineering, Product, and Revenue to deeply understand Enterprise customer technical needs and turn that into a plan for the future. As a Technical Support Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented and passionate team and make a significant impact on our customers' success. If you are a self-starter, and team player and have a passion for helping customers, we would love to hear from you.
This role is based in our Warsaw office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide hands-on technical support to customers, including debugging and troubleshooting technical inquiries via email and phone
- Help set the vision of our technical support strategy for our team, bringing your industry knowledge and experience to help set and achieve meaningful KPIs
- Build strong internal relationships across regions, working closely with other customer-facing and engineering teams to identify customer needs and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Act as an escalation point for our team of support agents, coaching and training them on technical matters
- Help the team identify single points of failure and future risks, and proactively mitigate them; design and implement scalable solutions to support Asana’s fast growth
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, knowledge bases and other support resources
- In time, recruit for and grow a tech support team
- 8+ years of technical support experience with 5+ years of people management and leadership experience
- Strong technical background, with a deep understanding of software development and architecture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships with customers and internal teams
- Prior experience creating escalation pathways from support to engineering including the construction and facilitation of internal engineering SLAs for bug triage and resolution
- Proficient in basic scripting languages such as Python or bash, familiarity with common RESTful API concepts, and version control systems, such as Git
- A deep knowledge of API/integration troubleshooting - particularly API authentication, authorization and security
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly identify and resolve technical issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between zł283,500- zł346,500. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.