Salesforce Developer, Revenue Technology
Asana’s Enterprise Technology team is looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our team who has an insatiable desire to learn, an ability to drive projects from idea to completion, and a knack for finding creative solutions to complex challenges. This is a great opportunity for someone who is experienced with developing in Salesforce to build out the processes that will drive the next level of efficiency for our company.
This role is based in our Warsaw office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve:
- Partner with sales, marketing, and customer success teams to understand their objectives and craft elegant solutions for their critical workflows
- Partner with other developers and project managers on the Business Systems team to execute initiatives
- Build case management, precise revenue attribution mechanics, pipeline automation, and approval processes.
- Manage fast-changing priorities in a dynamic environment to deliver the most impactful solutions to business stakeholders
- Demonstrate and promote high standards in elegant system architecture and clean, efficient code with appropriate coverage of unit tests, as well as clear documentation
- Co-create scalable development tooling frameworks to create consistent delivery of high quality releases
- Co-create a long-term strategic roadmap and drive strategic initiatives for our Salesforce implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Force.com development experience.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer skilled with Apex, LWC, Salesforce APIs, SOAP- or REST-based web services, and SOQL.
- Experience with GitHub, Jenkins, Copado, and other CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working within a defined SDLC process.
- Experience with enterprise integration frameworks and service-oriented architecture.
- Works in a fast-paced environment managing multiple competing priorities
- Translates business needs to technical solutions with a willingness to identify and solve challenging problems, from planning to execution to delivery
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between zł180,400 - zł229,600. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.