Staff Data Scientist, AI
We are hiring a full-stack data scientist for the AI org located in San Francisco. The AI org has a mission to transform Asana by building innovative AI experiences that dramatically improve customers’ lives at work. We empower teams to pioneer the future of work through rapid prototyping and exploration, deliver amazing AI-first experiences that help customers achieve their missions and business objectives, and accelerate Asana’s ability to deliver AI experience through frameworks and tooling.
The Data Science team at Asana is instrumental in enabling Asana's mission by instilling a data-influenced approach to building the product or business strategy, defining and measuring success metrics, and learning and iterating to deliver value to our users. Data Scientists closely partner with Product, Business, Design, Engineering, and other members of the Data team. We leverage experimentation, statistical modelling and machine learning techniques, causal inference, and data storytelling to deepen our understanding of Asana customers and make optimal decisions to drive more business value.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Thinking deeply about how to measure and track success for a set of products with a complex and nuanced customer value
- Performing and evangelizing strategic analysis to help inform the future of work for the AI org
- Developing ML models to align with AI org strategy and drive business impact
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new LLM and ML features
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Strong ability in managing stakeholders, communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories.
- Experience in scoping and planning projects with stakeholders, and driving technical execution.
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modelling and SQL
- Expertise in machine learning (experience in recommendation, ranking, graph modeling) statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.