Technical Services Consultant
Our Customer Experience (CX) team is committed to helping customers adopt Asana as both a technology product and a holistic way of working. We strive to help our customers, across geographies, industries, and functions, get off on the right foot, experience the most value out of the tool over time, and ultimately renew & grow their subscription.
Our professional Services team is a key part of the CX team. We are looking for a Technical Services Consultant focused on helping our most important customers plan, implement and roll-out Asana. You are a detail-oriented, cross-functional player who can navigate the organization, unpack problems through both a technical and business lens, and collaborate with external partners to deliver our recommended plan. You will be committed to helping customers adopt Asana as both a technology product and a holistic approach to collaboration across their organization.
As a consultant, you’ll be working with our rapidly growing enterprise and strategic customer base. You will serve as an empathetic customer advocate, problem solver, technical architect, and product expert, as well as the voice of your customers cross-functionally. You will help customers explore the art of the possible with regards to how to extend the Asana platform through custom integrations or automations, and be able to advise customers on how to best execute technical work whether it be through partners or internally. You will be a valuable liaison to the product team, providing real time customer product feedback. To the broader business team and all of Asana you will be able to share a unique customer-centric perspective.
This role is based in our London office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements
What you’ll achieve
- Technical design and project execution (phase 0)
- Play a strategic advisory role advising our customer-facing team members on options for customers’ technical needs
- Help to evaluate technical feasibility of customers’ desired integrations and automations and advise on solution architecture
- Advise technical partners (e.g. consulting firms) on customers’ technical requirements and be a strategic partner in their proposal development and project execution
- Solve challenging workflows and help our customers get the best of Asana
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to improve the roadmap and long-term platform strategy
- 6+ years in a Sales Engineering or Consulting Professional Services in a SaaS environment
- 1+ years of experience leading a complex project end-to-end
- Hands-on development and scripting experience with JSON and RESTful APIs
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing integrations between SaaS and/or on-prem solutions
- Proven track record of achieving results while balancing demanding expectations
- Ability to clearly articulate technical topics to a non-technical or business audience
- The right balance of advocacy for the customer and for Asana in all situations
- Understanding of software/SaaS buying behaviors
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between £76,000 - £96,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.