Program Manager, Data Operations
The R&D Operations team at Asana is responsible for maximizing the effectiveness, efficiency & engagement of our R&D teams. We partner directly with leaders across the organization to shape operational strategy through the creation and management of programs, processes, systems, and tools. We are a team of impact multipliers-ours efforts result in our team's ability to scale their time & maximize their impact. We are looking for an organized, driven, and collaborative Data Ops Program Manager to join our team. You will partner closely with our Data leadership team to manage the operations that enable our Data team's ability to use analyses to influence product strategy and decision-making.
Tactically, you will embed with the leadership team to drive and define their operating rhythms to maximize the velocity and engagement of the Data function. You will orchestrate regular business rhythms for Data, including road mapping, headcount planning, goal setting and assessment, and strategy and execution reviews. You will also be part of a core team with other embedded operational program managers who are each responsible for and aligned with the other parts of our R&D team. You will help determine when and where we should or shouldn’t standardize operations across all of R&D.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Act as the ‘chief-of-staff’ to the Data leadership team ensuring that leadership meetings within the pillar are run effectively, with clear goals and outcomes
- Build the systems that help track & hold our teams accountable to metric and non-metric outcomes across R&D
- Help ensure the reliability, scalability and security of our Data systems
- Execute strategic planning for Data, organizing critical tasks to help deliver an ambitious roadmap
- Ensure key projects & deliverables are clearly documented & progress is tracked
- Identify and remove blockers for data teams through automating and removing processes in the product development lifecycle
- Establish effective communication patterns for the pillar leadership team, setting up and managing monthly written updates and Data All Hands
- Develop deep expertise in the Asana product, championing best practices in our product and manage the programs that help foster a culture of belonging and engaged Data team
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills: Experience partnering closely with cross-functional leaders from a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- You proactively pattern match and use data to influence results
- Ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity: You show proven results for growing a business, processes, and systems to drive growth and efficiency
- Get Stuff Done: You deliver high-quality results. You speak with clarity and organize thorough project plans. You understand how organizations function and identify problems before they emerge. You know an excellent status update when you read one and can write your own with ease
- Intuition / experience for how software gets built: You don’t need any specialized certification, but you know what teams need to do to ship high quality software
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $139,000 - $177,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.