Engineering Manager, Automations
The Automation team's goal is to automate work-about-work to improve work productivity and help people focus on what matters most. We enable customers to create Rules, which automate common and repeatable processes that individuals, teams, and organizations perform in the product. Rules can be further augmented with Conditions in the product that must be met before Rules can be triggered.
We're a full-stack team. We own the backend Rules Engine and the frontend Rules Builder, and all of the features associated with it. Some of our big efforts for the next year include: expanding Rules to work on more surface areas of the product, building more powerful integration technology so customers can collaborate with other tools, and filling user experience needs so Asana's Automation feature is industry-leading.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 6 experienced engineers
- Maintain a consistent and solid pace of execution, sustaining team health and ambitious goals
- Directly manage partnerships with other Teams that leverage the Rules engine and make requests to the Automation Team
- Partner with Infrastructure Teams, since the Automation Team is a top consumer of remote jobs, to ensure product stability
- Set the strategic direction for the team, as well as the tactical roadmap to execute on
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development, with a focus on customer-centricity
- Collaborate with peer Eng Managers to identify and improve organizational opportunities
- Master the arts of delegation and scaling yourself aided by our strong team and things like Asana’s Areas of Responsibility (“AOR”) system
- 5+ years of experience working in the technology industry, with 2+ years experience managing a technical team
- Thrive in ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Passionate about rapid innovation and the fast-moving world of AI technology
- Experience and enthusiasm for managing your own stakeholder and customer relationships
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of your reports
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $220,000 - $336,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.