Manager, Legal Operations
You will be a part of our global legal team that works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s ambitious mission of enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting many teams throughout the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting Asana’s core values and interests. We run ideas past each other, we problem-solve together, we partner with other groups to navigate them through challenging issues, and we’re growing our team.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Legal Operations Manager to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Global Head of Commercial Legal, you’ll play a crucial role in shaping and optimizing the commercial team’s operations. This position presents a unique opportunity to make an impact by fostering excellence in legal operations, implementing cutting-edge technologies, like AI, and ensuring that the commercial team operates at peak efficiency. This role will be managing a Legal Operations Analyst.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Develop, implement, and oversee efficient commercial legal operations, encompassing metrics reporting, dashboarding, Asana systems, and Asana’s contract lifecycle management (CLM) systems and tools. Continuously refine and optimize these processes to maximize the value they bring to Asana.
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional commercial operations projects aimed at establishing best practices in legal to ensure legal compliance and alignment with organizational goals.
- Drive the implementation, adoption, and enablement of best practices within the commercial legal team’s technology initiatives to ensure Legal remains at the forefront of technological advancements. This includes the CLM systems, knowledge management (KM), and Asana projects.
- Coordinate and drive the seamless integration of the CLM system with other organizational systems, such as order management (Coupa), Salesforce, and Asana to optimize workflow and enhance operational efficiency.
- Mentor, co-create, and coach our Legal Operations Analysts and other team members on these initiatives.
- Help design, manage, and facilitate legal enablement programs to provide training on commercial legal processes and tools to the legal department and cross-functional teams, including but not limited to, enablement materials and FAQs
- 10+ years of experience in-house in legal operations and contracts management, ideally at a high-growth technology company
- Hands-on knowledge of technology systems, including IronClad, CLM implementation, technology training, and system maintenance.
- You have experience using the Asana platform or the demonstrated ability to become proficient in Asana, with clear experience driving the efficiency of legal departments
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into automated system tasks and workflows. A flexible approach to adjust and scale in response to evolving business requirements.
- You have a proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, Operations, Enterprise Technology, Sales, and IT) to set objectives and produce meaningful results that have tangible business impact
- You have hands-on knowledge and experience with Asana, Google Suite, Salesforce, Ironclad, data visualization tools (dashboards), as well as with technology tools commonly used to support commercial legal processes such as DocuSign.
- You have an interest in becoming proficient in other tools used to support commercial legal teams, including tools utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $196,000 - $265,000 The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.