Senior Revenue Accountant
We’re looking for a partner for our Revenue Operations (Billings & Collections), Deal Desk, and Legal teams to maintain and provide accurate financial reporting for Asana’s fast-growing customer base. As a Senior Technical Revenue Accountant, you will support the Accounting team by assisting in the month-end close process, quarterly filings, and ad hoc requests. As Asana is a public company, technical ability and critical thinking are crucial skills as this role will bridge the gap between operations, controls, and compliance with regulations.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Engage with cross-functional departments to provide expert knowledge of ASC606 guidance for complex revenue contracts and transactions
- Prepare and maintain the company’s SSP Analysis and Remaining Performance Obligations disclosures
- Close process involvement: contract review, fluctuation analysis, ensuring GAAP compliance journal entries, footnote disclosures, SEC reporting requirements, investor relations and FP&A requests, slide deck presentations
- Maintain internal controls for revenue recognition and the quote to cash function
- Continuously improve business processes, and systems, and enhance documentation and controls
- Ad hoc projects and requests (e.g. preparation of audit support, Zuora enhancements)
- Be flexible in a constantly changing and high-growth business environment
- Minimum of 3+ years accounting experience
- Previous role(s) in audit and/or revenue accounting
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time and project management skills and can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture
- Process-oriented with an appreciation for financial controls
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar
- Experience with NetSuite and Zuora
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $133,000- $169,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.