Head of Global Communications
Asana is seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Communications to join our team. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing Asana's communication strategy. You will work closely with our leadership team to tell the Asana story to the world, build strong relationships with media outlets, and craft compelling narratives that engage our customers, partners, and employees. This role offers an exciting opportunity to drive impactful communications initiatives and contribute to Asana's growth and success.
The Asana Marketing team is responsible for fueling business growth and building a brand customers love. We create campaigns and content to attract new accounts and inspire current ones to grow with us. We continue to grow, with a global team focused on revenue and field marketing, product marketing, brand and content creation, advertising, and lifecycle marketing.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Global Impact: Elevate Asana's brand and reputation on a global scale by driving impactful communication initiatives that engage our diverse audience.
- Media Relations: Foster strong relationships with media outlets and secure significant coverage, reinforcing Asana's thought leadership on the future of work
- Compelling Storytelling: Craft and communicate compelling narratives that resonate with stakeholders, including customers, partners, and employees, driving brand loyalty and engagement.
- Executive Communications: Manage all aspects of external executive communications, including media relations, public speaking engagements, and social media presence
- Crisis Management: Develop robust crisis communication plans and demonstrate your adeptness at handling challenging situations to safeguard Asana's reputation.
- Manage a small team of communications professionals, taking co-ownership for their business impact and career growth
- Oversee resources, including agencies, temps, contractors, vendors, or others as needed, to deliver outstanding results
- Experience: You have 12+ years of corporate communications or public relations experience, including at least 3 years leading and developing a team of comms professionals and agency relationships.
- Strategy: You possess a proven track record in developing and executing successful communication strategies.
- Media Savvy: Your strong media relations skills and existing network of relevant contacts set you apart.
- Communication Expert: Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional, allowing you to convey complex messages clearly and persuasively.
- Enterprise Software Experience: While not mandatory, experience in the enterprise software industry is a plus, as it helps you understand our unique challenges and opportunities.
- People Management: You are a compassionate and seasoned manager who prioritizes the growth, development, and needs of your team.
- Crisis Management: If you have experience in crisis management, it's a significant advantage. Your ability to navigate challenging situations is a valuable asset.
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $241,000 - $325,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.