Business Development Representative
As a Business Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for our Sales team by engaging with existing Asana users, as well as new contacts associated with high value accounts. Using outreach emails, phone calls, and modern selling techniques, you will connect with these targeted contacts using the best possible messaging. You will be an Asana brand ambassador, acting as the foundational entry-point for our customers, guiding them through their initial interactions with our sales teams. As a BDR, you will be creating the strong fundamentals of sales and a more profitable technology sales engine.
This role is based in our Tokyo office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Tuesdays, Thursdays and an additional day of your choice. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide a great customer experience for Asana’s prospective customers
- Discover and drive new business opportunities within Enterprise accounts through outbound approach
- Collaborate alongside Account Executives to identify new prospects and qualify customers in order to build pipeline and drive deals
- Approach with customized “Why You/ Why Now” message
- Maintain active engagement with prospects using creative follow-up communication
- Efficiently manage a high volume of outbound communications, both scaled as well as strategic
- Conduct qualification calls and meetings with prospective customers
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in Salesforce
- Analyze sales data and recommend new outreach strategies
- Meet & exceed monthly and quarterly targets
- Previous BDR/Sales experience, preferably in SaaS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Japanese
- Strong motivation and experience in outbound approach
- Passion for technology and an ability to speak knowledgeably about the industry
- An analytical thinker who can see trends across vast amounts of data
- A self starter who can diagnose inefficiencies and optimise processes to maximise results
- A commitment to learning, being adaptable, and having a great attitude
- Preferred Experience with CXO Letter, Cold Calls, Outreach, Salesforce CRM, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.