Employee Communications Business Partner, Executive & Leadership Communications
We are looking for an experienced internal communications professional to be the primary communications partner to executives and other functional leaders across our organization. In this role, you’ll leverage your experience building and implementing internal communications that will inspire, educate, and align global Asanas around our mission, values, and impact. You’ll partner closely with our senior leaders to craft clear, compelling narratives that speak to the value we create for our customers and the strategies and objectives that get us there. You will co-create with department and program leads to steward their teams through change and growth, balancing communicating the goals and outcomes of the business with what we call ‘heartitude’ - honoring what makes us human, taking the time to play and have fun, and creating meaningful experiences for their own sake.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you'll achieve
Employee Communications Business Partnership
- Develop clear, engaging company communications that consistently connect Asanas to our mission and values while driving awareness of our strategy, objectives, and progress
- Provide strategic communications support to department heads on messaging and positioning; influence stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are compelling, clear, and aligned with our desired messages and tone.
- Co-create and ghostwrite clear and engaging functional and all company communications
- Drive high stakes company-wide and functional change communications from intake to completion, in collaboration with Chiefs of Staff, People Partners, executives, and other senior leaders
- Develop self-service playbooks to support change management throughout the organization
- Lead communications for company-wide change management initiatives
- Serve as lead writer for change, global social issues, and crisis communications
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of messaging, channels and practices.
- Own and drive the cascade of information to senior leaders and all managers to deliver timely, actionable information.
- Design and deliver a quarterly leadership packet with key messaging, positioning, and action items for managers
- Own all manager channels and communications calendar; set norms for how/where to push information relevant to Managers across channels (Asana, slab, slack, etc.)
- Develop content strategy for any live Manager communications forums
- Work closely with the regional GM’s and people partners to develop systems that support the cascade of information to regional employees to align with central messaging and takes into account local sentiment, communication norms, and diverse audiences
- 8+ years of strategic internal communications experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, and visual communication skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Has experience working for a company selling to large enterprises in competitive environments
- Has experience working for a globally distributed company
- Demonstrated track record of success working in high volume, fast paced orgs
- Ability to translate technical concepts into broadly accessible language
- Demonstrated experience in change management, helping organizations lead employees through rapid change
- Self-starter characteristics, a high degree of self-direction and independent drive
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leadership stakeholders, driving results, and delivering creative solutions in a highly dynamic and ever evolving landscape
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $190,000-$256,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.