Data Scientist, Login & Sign Up
We are looking for a Product Data Scientist to join our Login & Signup team. This team owns the registration and authentication to the Asana app, with a special focus on the security and administrative needs of large organizations. As gatekeepers, we strive to balance two competing metrics, both critical to the success of Asana: passing through the gateway should be as easy as possible for legit users but as hard as possible for anyone else. As a consequence, we aim to combine best-in-class login user experience with best-in-class security compliance.
Asana's Data Science team helps us fulfil our mission by informing strategy, defining success metrics, and identifying new ways to deliver user value. Data scientists are at the crux of deepening our understanding of the customers and driving more business outcomes by leveraging experimentation, causal inference, statistical and machine learning techniques, and data storytelling.
This role is based in our Vancouver office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Work closely with PMs and customers to understand the needs of IT admins of large enterprises, and identify features to satisfy those needs.
- Communicate and influence key product decisions using data.
- Design experiments that measure product progress, and own key performance metrics.
- Collaborate with other Data Science in the team to research, identify and disseminate best practices across teams.
- Work in a high-performance, dynamic team with a strong focus on velocity and software quality and learn about state-of-the-art authentication technologies, including different Single-Sign-On methods, Multi-Factor Authentication, Identity Providers, SAML (Security Assertion Markup Languages)
- Master’s or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, a related quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive decision-making or develop technical applications.
- Expert in relational data modeling and SQL and fluent in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. R, Python, or Scala).
- Familiar with statistical methods including experimental design, regression, causal inference with observational data and time series modeling.
- Experience in scoping and planning projects with cross-functional stakeholders and driving technical execution.
- Strong ability to communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences, and craft compelling and actionable recommendations.
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $146,000 CAD - $224,000 CAD. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.