Customer Support Expert
The global User Operations Team provides thorough troubleshooting and customer care with heart and authenticity. Our general support includes highly technical issues, billing inquiries, bug reports, and how-to walkthroughs. Within the organization, we amplify customer voices in product development and help our other customer-focused teams achieve their goals.
We're looking for an empathetic and creative problem solver to join our User Operations Team. You’ll be a liaison between the product team and our customers, and support our customers with questions and share best practices. You’ll also bring a critical eye for efficiency and experience improvements to help us evolve our operations as the business continues to grow.
This role is based in our Toko office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Tuesdays, Thursdays and an additional day of your choice. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What You'll Achieve
- Become a product expert in Asana and a savant of productivity
- Work closely with our business customers providing support to solve their questions and challenges
- Respond to high priority customer issues and perform advanced troubleshooting of products
- Bring a critical eye for efficiency and experience improvements
- Work cross-functionally across Sales, Product, Finance teams to manage issues
- Create and maintain internal knowledge libraries and support the growth of the team
- Achieve key performance metrics defined within the User Operations Team
- 5+ years customer service experience including technical support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & Japanese, with customers as well as internal R&D team and other stakeholders
- Ability to issue diagnosis and problem solving with strong technical aptitude
- Knowledge about Network & Network security, Identity & Access Management (Azure AD, SAML, SCIM, OAuth, MFA) is a plus
- Deep sense of empathy for technology users and genuine passion for making customers feel happy and understood
- Tenacious work ethic and relentless attention to detail
- Proficiency with APIs, Terminal/iTerm, Github, Zuora, Microsoft 365 or Zendesk
- Experience in technical support - Network & Network Security, Identity & Access Management (Azure AD, SAML, SCIM, OAuth, MFA)
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.