Revenue Accounting Lead, APJ
Asana changes the way people work together. Asana is the single source of truth for the planning, organizing, and communicating among those you work with - from entire companies to personal projects. Our vision is for every group of people working together to organize themselves using Asana, in much the same way that email has become a universal communication tool.
Asana is building a world-class Accounting and Finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values, and we are currently looking for Revenue Accounting Lead, APJ to support the growing customer base in the region. You will be responsible for laying the accounting foundation for the team, scaling accounting processes, and creating the best customer experience with the team.
This role is based in our Tokyo office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Tuesdays, Thursdays and additional day of your choice. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Collaborate closely with the Deal Desk to facilitate deal structuring and ensure precise and prompt provisioning of orders
- Partner with international Deal Desk, Legal, and Sales teams on deal reviews
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and internal policies
- Manage the billings and collections inquiries and requests queue
- Supervise offshore billing analysts, and ensure the team meets internal and external stakeholders’ SLAs
- Lead and ensure the following:
- Review order forms/agreements
- Identify and address revenue recognition issues, involving the Technical Revenue team
- Oversee Japan/APAC accounts receivable functions
- Includes credit, collections, and cash application
- Co-manage month-end close
- Review journal entries, invoices & credit memo batch, and reconciliations
- Establish and maintain SOX controls
- Provide detailed documentation on preparer’s and reviewer’s procedures
- Draft revenue operations procedures and policies when required
- Technical Revenue Support:
- Japan/APAC Accounts Receivable:
- Month-End Close:
- SOX Controls and Documentation:
- Revenue Operations Procedures and Policies:
- Drive operational efficiency and effective system implementation and enhancement
- Collaborate with the Sales team and User Operations team for enablement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of experience in a public SaaS company and 2+ years of management experience preferred
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with US GAAP ASC 606 revenue recognition standards
- Ability to form strong business partnerships and collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet deadlines and common goals
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Japanese required
- Experience with Netsuite, Zuora, and Salesforce CPQ
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.