Head of Sales Assisted Global Growth
Our Global Growth team is responsible for driving growth from our smallest customers around the world. Our goal is to help small teams and small businesses discover Asana, working full-funnel to help them get started, discover value, convert to paying tiers, and stay with Asana over the long term. We are deeply committed to building the best experience for our customers, no matter how small. We combine pure self-serve or traditional PLG with innovative new customer assist motions, aiming to build the best and most efficient global customer acquisition, onboarding, support, and retention experiences. We are a highly cross-functional organization that works seamlessly with partners across Marketing, Sales, Product, Customer Experience, Data Science and Analytics to deliver meaningful results for our customers and Asana.
We are seeking a seasoned growth leader to build out our sales assisted team to help accelerate revenue growth within small global customers that have less than 100 employees. As the Head of Sales Assisted Global Growth, you will be responsible for the full P&L for our sales assisted team, directly managing a global team that leverages Marketstar’s outsourced sales team to achieve cost-effective global revenue growth. You will partner closely with Marketing & Sales leadership to accelerate inbound pipeline programs, experiment with and scale new outbound motions, and ultimately drive predictable revenue growth.
The right candidate will inspire their in-house team and their large and distributed global outsourced team to new heights. With a resume that goes beyond B2B sales, potentially including operational, marketing, self-serve, or PLG experience, the ideal candidate will bring curiosity, a willingness to experiment, openness to risk, and a test-and-learn mindset to building out a large and fast-growing truly global revenue business. We’re looking for someone excited to combine the best of SLG with the best of PLG to build something innovative and new. This role will report directly to our GM of Global Growth.
This role is based in our San Francisco or New York City office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- You will be a critical member of our Global Growth revenue leadership team, collaborating on global initiatives to accelerate small business revenue and efficiently scale for long-term growth
- Hire and develop a small team of strategic growth & revenue leaders who partner with our outsourced sales vendor to reach and exceed our global VSB revenue targets
- Own the overall P&L for VSB inbound & outbound, including investment in our global outsourced vendor Marketstar, as well as achieving pipeline and sales-assisted revenue targets
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Operations, Marketing, Analytics, and Customer Success teams to develop and implement scalable, low-touch SMB growth strategies
- Work closely with Global Growth Strategy, as well as Analytics and Data Science to monitor overall and regional performance, rebalance global and programmatic investments, identify areas for improvement, and surface new experimentation or test opportunities
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting, BizOps, Sales, Revenue Growth, or similar metrics-driven strategic functions; some tech in-house experience required
- Experience owning a P&L, including responsibility for achieving revenue or pipeline targets; experience with VSB or SMB Sales is a plus
- Experience directly managing small teams as well as either managing large outsourced programs or leading larger in-house teams
- Experience developing and operationalizing strategic plans, including setting resourcing, navigating tradeoffs, and ensuring timely execution
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset; experience with Salesforce reporting and dashboarding is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to simplify complex ideas and systems
- Familiar with growth tools, analytics platforms, and CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce, Tableau, GrowthBook)
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $218,000 - $294,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.