Customer Success Manager, Scaled
Our Customer Success team is committed to helping customers adopt Asana as both a technology product and a holistic approach to teamwork. We strive to help all of our customers, across countries, industries, and functions, get off on the right foot and continue to get the most value out of Asana over time.
We are formally launching a Scaled Customer Success program to drive adoption and retention across a broader customer base. We're looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM), Scaled to partner with customers on how to best leverage Asana to achieve their unique business objectives. Your engagements with customers, while time-bound, will result in their increased satisfaction with and confidence in Asana as their organization’s work management solution. Equipped with the knowledge of what it takes for customers to succeed with Asana, you will serve as a thought partner and lifeline to customers. To the entire Asana team, you’ll exemplify empathetic, customer-centricity.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Work with Asana customers across industries, functions, and stages of their customer journey in both time-bound 1:1 and scaled manners
- Drive customer outcomes and value via time-bound engagements by conducting discovery, consulting on change management, leading design workshops to provide the customer firsthand experience in building or adapting their processes and challenging them on ways to improve their use of Asana
- Storytelling through business reviews on value realized and areas of opportunity for deeper value
- Empower customers to become self-sufficient Asana champions, solving for their immediate needs while focusing on their long-term success, value realization, and retention
- Co-create strategies and plays with your Scaled CS team to drive the broadest engagement across our customer base, the most meaningful engagement tactics, and the best adoption and retention results
- Act as a cross-functional superstar by proactively partnering with Sales and Renewals to flag at-risk accounts, provide customer insights, and highlight expansion opportunities and retention risks
- Serve as the voice of your customers cross-functionally, providing feedback to the Product team and broader business
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in an Account Management or Customer Success role
- Strong team player
- Devoted to ensuring our customers’ success and committed to advocating for our customers whenever possible
- Ability to communicate confidently & concisely through Asana, via email, over the phone, or in person, with all audiences (from cross-functional teams to Customer Executives)
- Self-motivated and curious: Bias for action and working effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment
- Driven, process-oriented person: Able to effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support Asana, the team, and the customer
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $129,000 - $165,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.