Global Leaves and Accommodations Program Manager
We’re looking for an empathetic and experienced Leaves & Accommodations Program Manager, who has the people skills to support Asanas in complex and sensitive discussions, the program and project management skills and the knowledge to navigate the complexities of International and US leaves, time off, accommodations and worker’s compensation compliance.
In an organization that celebrates individual responsibility and personal growth, you won’t just be responsible for supporting the day to day application of Asana’s policies. You will also be helping design the administration systems and processes that will allow Asana to scale our programs for rapid growth, partnering with our legal team and other internal stakeholders to update and develop new policies and bringing real value to Asanas by enhancing their end-to-end experience learning about and navigating leaves, time off, accommodations and worker’s compensation.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Develop, implement, and maintain a global leaves and accommodations program that aligns with company policies and legal requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the program across all regions
- Draft and update leaves and accommodations policies, staying informed about relevant legislation and industry best practices
- Develop and support our time off, leave, accommodation and worker’s compensation policies globally, and serve as Asana’s internal subject matter expert for employees at all levels for questions and escalations
- Ensure compliance of our time off, leave, accommodation and worker’s compensation programs with all national and state or local regulations in the US and internationally
- Develop and maintain new policy documentation and resources that comply will legal requirements, clearly communicate our policies and educates Asanas on how to navigate our programs
- In partnership with team, assist in developing our US and Canada external leaves administrator, including support of VDI plans
- Communicate program updates, changes, and best practices globally & manage leave requests for Asanas in other international locations
- 8+ years of relevant HR experience, including working with leaves, time off, accommodations and workers compensation programs
- Understanding of absence, accommodation and workers compensation administration processes, with examples of how you have improved them
- Knowledge of the regulations that impact US leaves and accommodations, and experience of their hands-on application
- Skills to apply knowledge to develop and manage international leave and accommodation policies, programs and processes
- Experience managing vendors, projects and programs
- Experience managing time off and leaves in Workday or other HRIS administration system
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams, internal and external, and customer service skills, empathy and emotional intelligence to support Asanas in highly sensitive conversations
- Passionate about creating a superlative employee experience
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $164,000 - $208,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.