Analyst, Strategic Finance
Asana is building a world-class finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. The Strategic Finance team connects the dots between Asana’s operational and business strategies to shape long-term financial performance. You will collaborate cross-functionally with finance, business, and product teams to turn data into actionable insights by identifying, analyzing, and synthesizing the factors that drive our growth to help solve Asana’s most complex challenges. The role will report directly to the Head of Strategic & Corporate Finance.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Own and develop financial forecasts that accurately predict business performance and optimize for both growth and efficiency; highlight key variances, opportunities, and issues to senior leaders in easily digestible formats
- Influence strategic business decision-making through financial modeling and analysis in collaboration with finance, business, and product teams
- Implement and evolve processes and models to scale best practices; support company-wide strategic planning and forecasting processes in a manner that is both efficient and effective
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends and benchmarks; ideate, implement, and iterate investment return analysis across partner teams with a scalable approach
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as required
- Two or more years of applicable experience in finance or strategy at a fast-growing company or a background in a highly quantitative field (Investment Banking or similar)
- Excellent business judgment and intellectual curiosity; proven ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations and present findings clearly and concisely
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, communication, and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets required; willingness to learn SQL and/or experience with data visualization tools like Tableau and Snowflake
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and principles; prior knowledge of and experience with enterprise software or SaaS business models
- A degree in finance, accounting, engineering, mathematics, economics, or a related quantitative field or equivalent work experience
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $110,000 - $134,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.