Marketing Operations Manager
The Marketing Operations team is chartered to operationalize the Marketing team’s vision by setting a foundation of tooling, process, & strategy to empower Marketers to achieve results. We are looking for an experienced Marketing Operations professional to support our EMEA Marketing efforts. You will work with leaders across Marketing and Revenue within the EMEA region, providing campaign operations support and strategic insights that help shape Asana’s regional strategy and growth.
This role is based in our London office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with the regional marketing team to deliver end to end campaign management, from planning to execution to post-campaign reporting
- Collaborate as the strategic partner with the regional Marketing leadership team, providing campaign planning and performance insights to help drive pipeline generation
- Be responsible for optimizing the lead to cash funnel across EMEA’s subregions
- Run the regional MQL council, aligning Sales and Marketing on Inbound initiatives and lead follow-up
- Partner with Asana’s Enterprise Technology teams to optimize the Marketing automation platform (Marketo), ensuring our campaign operations processes are built with efficiency
- Support the regional field marketing team on event initiatives, including tradeshows, Asana’s brand events, and VIP experiences
- Project manage large scale campaign operations projects, establishing project scope, goals, milestones, success metrics and stakeholder management
- Develop enablement plans, lead training, and deliver documentation to ensure marketers are fully enabled to use our Marketing tech stack
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing & Campaign Operations supporting B2B Marketing, demand generation and/or field marketing
- Hands on experience operationalizing campaigns in Marketo, or an equivalent Marketing automation platform
- Strong execution skills with a strategic mindset
- Familiarity with the EMEA region and its subregions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven track record of building relationships with leadership
- Analytics driven with the ability to tell a story leveraging data and insights
- You embody the mindset of getting things done and can adapt in a fast paced environment You celebrate cultural differences and diversity
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between £92,000 - £118,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.