Senior Solutions Engineering Manager
The Solutions Team at Asana is a team of Solutions Engineers, Business Value Consultants, and Solutions Architects who are collectively responsible for providing strategic and technical expertise in sales pursuits to deliver value-driven solutions to customers.
As a Senior Solutions Engineering Manager focusing on Verticals, you will be responsible for building, leading, and inspiring a team of Solutions Engineers supporting our vertical segment across SLED (State, Local & Education), Non-Profit, Healthcare, and Media. This team will play a critical role in helping Asana’s largest customers and prospects understand the value of the platform. You must be a hands-on leader who enjoys getting into the details while also being able to think and act strategically. This role reports to the Head of Solutions Engineering, New Business, and Verticals, and in partnership, you will work with them to shape the overall strategy for the team and the broader Solutions organization.
This role can either be fully remote depending on which US state you live in, or based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. If based in-office: Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about these options.
What you’ll achieve
- Grow and retain a team of experienced Solutions Engineers through recruitment, coaching, and development
- Leverage your experience working large enterprise deals to provide hands-on strategy, technical, and demo coaching for your team, directly impacting the success of Asana’s largest accounts
- Drive solutions engineering efficiency by improving processes and workflows for the team
- Partner with the Solutions leadership team in continuing to build the vision for a successful and growing Solutions Engineering team
- Work with the sales team with landing and expanding business within their book of business and help build out Asana’s vertical go-to-market strategy overall
- Collaborate with Sales and Solutions Teams to define ICP, create playbooks, and contribute to strategic initiatives
- Partner cross-functionally with many teams across our business including Solutions, Sales, Product, Engineering, Security, Marketing, and Customer Success
- 10+ years experience in a Solutions/Sales Engineering or Consulting organization (or equivalent client-facing team) in a B2B SaaS environment
- 5+ years of demonstrated success as a manager for a Solutions/Sales Engineering team at a B2B SaaS company, verticals experience in SLED/EDU, Healthcare, Non-Profit, and Media/Entertainment is a plus
- Experience scaling teams during periods of high growth; proven ability to attract, hire, grow, and retain experienced solutions engineering talent
- Experience coaching Solutions Engineers on large deals with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled in navigating cross-functional relationships and collaborating to drive buy-in from internal and external senior-level decision-makers
- A results-oriented and data-driven leader with experience using qualitative and quantitative metrics to manage your business and inform decision-making
- Customer-centric approach to relationship management and revenue growth: Demonstrated ability to build champions at C-suite/Director+ levels of client organizations that have led to enterprise-level buys. Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Entrepreneurial, solution-oriented, adaptable to change, and excited about the opportunity to co-create with cross-functional partners in a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $196,000 - $265,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family-building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.