Head of Global Growth Analytics
Our Global Growth team is responsible for helping small teams and small businesses discover Asana, working full-funnel to help them get started, discover value from our paying tiers, and stay with Asana over the long term. As a part of Asana’s mission to enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly, we are deeply committed to building the best experience for all our customers–no matter how small. We combine pure self-serve or traditional PLG with innovative new customer assist motions, aiming to build the best and most efficient global customer acquisition, onboarding, support, and retention experiences. We are a highly cross-functional organization that works seamlessly with partners across Marketing, Sales, Product, Customer Experience, Data Science and Analytics to deliver meaningful results for our customers and Asana.
As the Head of Global Growth Analytics you will partner with and enable our Global Growth leaders to make data-driven decisions that achieve Asana’s product-led, sales assisted, and scaled growth goals. The Global Growth Analytics team is responsible for pulling together financial, behavioral, and sales data to paint a comprehensive picture of the health & performance of Asana’s smallest teams and customers, and to identify high-impact strategic opportunities for improvement and growth. You will empower, motivate, and grow a team full of talented analysts who are passionate about using data to make better decisions and serve insights with strategic implications.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with Self Serve business leaders to align the analytics and data roadmap with their strategic and operational needs
- Lead and grow a world-class analytics team; instilling analytics and operations best practices, and fostering a culture of continuous learning
- Set the bar and approach for measurement, optimization and data visualization
- Uncover and effectively communicate data-driven strategic insights with wide-reaching implications on business strategy
- Drive understanding of key metrics and their importance to the business, acting as the voice of Self Serve data for executives, broader business leadership, and XFN partners
- Work closely with Product & Business Data Science, Finance, and other business analytics teams to discover opportunities for improvement and growth
- Define the vision for Self Serve Business data and analytics, working alongside Enterprise Technology, Ops and Data teams across Asana to ensure and maintain high data quality and data governance, especially in our financial reporting
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data leaders in Enterprise Data Intelligence, Data Integrations, Data Science and other business analytics teams to define the future of Asana’s data governance and data infrastructure
- 10+ years of experience in data analytics, of which 4+ are within the self serve or product-led growth space, 3+ years of experience in building and managing data teams
- Deep understanding of SaaS businesses and their financial data
- Mastery of SQL and experience with working with large datasets in various database technologies
- Deep knowledge of data visualization best practices; experience with Tableau preferred
- Understanding of a breadth of analytical approaches both quantitative and qualitative, and their suitability in various contexts
- Experience driving business strategy or success through data and insights in partnership with other data teams such as data science, data engineering, business intelligence, etc.
- Excellent communication and data storytelling skills at all levels, to both highly technical and non-technical audiences; you love to use your data insights to influence key business decisions
- Passion for building & growing a high-performing analytics team and analytics program: you love managing and developing people to develop new skills and capabilities
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $218,000 - $294,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.