As a Solutions Engineer at Asana, you’ll play a critical role in helping our prospects understand the business value of Asana and transform the way they get work done effortlessly and achieve their business Goals. Through your deep product knowledge, keen interest in future of work and OKR management, expertise in how companies use and deploy SaaS applications and AI, and objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll support our Japan Sales team and ensure they constantly move towards close.
We’re looking for someone who will make it their mission to streamline every part of Asana’s sales process and be the evangelist and primary customer-facing voice of our Product and Engineering teams. You’ll be working as a key strategic member of the small but mighty Tokyo Solutions team and working closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Customer Support in Japan as well as across the APJ region.
This role is based in our Tokyo office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays and an additional day of your choice. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What You’ll Achieve
- Partner with the Sales and Customer Success teams to strategize territory and account plans and execute them.
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor for customers
- Co-create customer-specific presentations and demonstrations in partnership with Sales and Customer Success
- Develop success KPIs that can be applied across Asana’s customer base
- Partner with Product, PMM, Sales and Enablement teams for seamless end-to-end program execution
- Support the greater Solutions Engineering team in developing metrics and operations to understand the global impact
- 5+ years in Sales Engineering, Solutions Consulting, Technical Account Management or Professional Services in a B2B SaaS environment
- Proven track record of achieving results while balancing demanding expectations
- A storyteller, who’s comfortable presenting a company and product to anyone in any setting and articulating technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Ability to identify and eliminate sales and product obstacles creatively and quickly
- Experience responding to technical questions and security requirements from customers
- Hands-on development or scripting experience
- Cross-functional collaboration experience (marketing, business, product teams) advantageous
- Native-level Japanese, business-level English
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.