AMER Growth Strategy Lead
We are seeking a dynamic and curious leader to join the Global Growth team as the AMER Growth Strategy Lead. In this role, you will define our global self-serve strategy, acting in close coordination with the Global Growth and AMER Revenue teams. The goal of this role is to deepen our understanding of the AMER self-serve business, including the design of market-specific strategies to accelerate growth. To achieve your goals, you will work with the AMER GTM leadership team to build strategic insight and support the cross-functional execution necessary to accelerate the global flywheel of user & customer acquisition, monetization, and net expansion. You will report to Asana’s Head of Global Growth Strategy, based in San Francisco.
As the AMER Growth Strategy Lead, you will play a crucial role in harmonizing our self-serve motion with our sales-led motion to create a world-class customer experience and the highest leveraged business outcomes for Asana.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Define the AMER VSB (Very Small Business) and self-serve growth strategy over a 1-3 year time horizon
- Evangelize this strategy and Asana’s AMER-specific flywheel business model across sales leadership, Revenue Strategy, Product, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams
- In collaboration with the Growth leadership team, set and continuously iterate on the AMER VSB revenue and AMER self-serve retention experimentation roadmap, aiming to maximize net global growth over both the short- and long-term
- Identify key areas for Growth Managers to improve the AMER business, then advise the team as they execute and experiment with cross-functional partners
- Work with Analytics and Data Science to monitor self-serve revenue and funnel health to identify growth opportunities
- Drive core AMER business cadences to monitor the health of the business, including forecasting, QBRs, global and regional MBRs, and Product Impact Reviews
- Manage Self-Serve and VSB annual planning for the AMER region
- 7+ years of experience in strategy, operations, finance or consulting; experience with a SaaS business model and/or a high-growth environment
- Proven ability to influence and work cross-functionally with executive stakeholders, acting as a trusted advisor within challenging and complex situations
- Exceptional data and analytical capabilities, including the ability to build and explain complex models, and derive insights from large data sets; SQL and financial modeling skills a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify complex data for executive audiences
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and find creative solutions to ambiguous challenges
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $173,000 - $221,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.