Corporate Security Engineer
We are looking for a Corporate Security Engineer to lead our cross-functional IT and Security initiatives. You will be working with the Security and IT teams to build secure infrastructure and systems and keep Asana’s data safe. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive the maturation of corporate security at Asana by leading key projects, providing subject matter expertise, and building out systems and processes. Working on the Corporate Security team you will be working closely with the IT Networking & Systems, Data Privacy, and Infrastructure Security teams to raise our overall security posture.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Work with IT to mature our infrastructure as code processes including building tooling to help them build more securely.
- Identify and prioritize resources across IT that can be brought under infrastructure as code (Terraform or Puppet) management and version control.
- Own building and scaling the security review process for IT infrastructure.
- Lead integrating key security logs from IT systems into our SIEM.
- Provide subject matter expertise to our IT and Security teams to effectively prioritize top risks to the organization.
- 6+ years working in Security, on a Security-focused IT or Engineering team.
- Strong communication skills, including empathy and the ability to speak to a diverse number of stakeholders effectively.
- Competency and interest in writing clear documentation and proposals.
- Risk-based approach to prioritization, rather than checkbox ticking.
- Experience networking, servers, cloud service providers, and security best practices.
- Solid automation and scripting skills (Bash, Python or similar).
- Able to balance risk and getting things done.
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we'll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $194,000 - $246,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.