Product Owner, Zuora Revenue (RevPro)
We are looking for a strong Product Owner for Zuora Revenue to join our growing FinTech team as part of Enterprise Technology to manage Revenue Recognition and Order to Cash processes with in-depth expertise in Subscription Order management, Billing, Payments, and accounting systems. The Enterprise Technology team is responsible for delivering scalable efficient processes, infrastructure, applications technology and data insights that help Asana achieve its mission. We partner across the company to drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Design, architect and continuously enhance our subscription order management platform (Zuora) and Revenue Management system (Zuora Revenue) for Asana
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, Ops, and other organizational units as it pertains to the finance business processes and systems.
- Drive AR processes and reconciliation between Zuora and our ERP system ( Netsuite)
- Partner with the Finance and Accounting departments to drive business value with automations and streamlining processes
- Establish strong collaboration with colleagues on the Salesforce, Product, Revenue and Accounting teams to ensure end-to-end success of the Quote to Cash and Revenue Recognition processes
- Identify, evaluate and recommend key technologies required to support and improve the business process centered on the billing platform and systems
- Ensure the highest level of data accuracy and compliance in financial systems
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience. You also have 3-5 years of experience in designing, configuring and implementing Revenue Recognition solutions
- Excellent knowledge of ASC 605 and 606
- Hands-on experience with Zuora with focus on Zuora Revenue, AR and Collect
- Deep understanding in Subscription Order to Cash processes including Financial Supply Chain Management processes such as Credit Management, Dunning, Payment Reconciliation, AR reconciliation
- Good to have working knowledge on Order Management and billing and aligned processes and systems such as Zuora Billing or other Order management Solutions
- You understand the integration points and data flows between Zuora Billing, Zuora Revenue and Netsuite
- You have effective technical skills to be proficient in SQL and data analysis
- Available to work flexible hours to collaborate with Americas and Asia team if needed
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $173,000 - $221,000.The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.