Demo Solutions Engineer
At Asana, we know that our customers all have their own unique workflows spanning across many different tools and services. The Solutions Architecture team is responsible for technical consultancy and technical delivery of art of the possible demos and POCs for our large customers using our public-facing API.
Through your deep product and technical knowledge and expertise workflows and integrations, you’ll support our Enterprise Sales team to help customers understand how to make the best out of their Asana instance. Along the way, you’ll collaborate closely with other product and engineering platform teams, where you’ll have an impactful opportunity to help craft a vision and identify gaps and improvements in the Product and Platform roadmap.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with Sales and cross-functional teams to develop and drive tailored demos and solutions that demonstrate current and future workflows with Asana
- Own technical design and project execution for our strategic demos repository
- Solve challenging, industry workflows and help our customers get the best of Asana
- Develop a deep understanding of customer technical needs and partner with Product Management and Engineering to improve the roadmap and long-term platform strategy
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in designing and building integrations solutions
- Experience in building integrations with REST and SOAP API, DB, etc, custom code
- Experience in building integration solutions with various enterprise SaaS and/or on-prem solutions
- Knowledge of system and software engineering principles, concepts and best practices
- Clear understanding of Integration design patterns and the advantages of implementing them in a complex ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- A consultant for our Partner Ecosystem to help them drive success and convert our mutual clients
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Willingness to take responsibility, accountability and ownership of the project, systems, and integrations
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $111,000 - $135,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.