Product Owner, Planning Systems
We are looking for a Model Builder to join our FinTech team within Enterprise Technology (ET) with experience in implementing a Planning System (Anaplan) through a phased delivery that will enable the Asana FP&A and Sales team to have advanced capabilities for Financial Planning and provide deep insights for accurate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting. You will partner with the CoE lead architect and various cross-functional teams to ensure the timely delivery of projects aligning with the requirements of various internal stakeholders and meeting their tactical and strategic objectives for Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting.
The Enterprise Technology team is responsible for delivering scalable efficient processes, infrastructure, applications technology, and data insights that help Asana achieve its mission. We partner across the company to drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness, and efficiency.
This role is based in our Warsaw, Poland office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Review use cases and conceive and develop Proof of Concept (PoC) models efficiently to demonstrate the viability of requested use cases and enhancements with stakeholders and end users.
- Ability to translate various spreadsheets or planning system models to scalable, effective, and efficient Anaplan multi-dimensional module designs in line with Anaplan best practices.
- Strong expertise and deep understanding of Anaplan multi-dimensional modeling and design optimization for performance and space efficiency with expert skills in Excel spreadsheet modeling, macros, pivot tables, formulas, charts, etc.
- Translate design into a development plan/timeline and level of effort (LoE) to generate detailed project staffing plans & sprint cycle schedules in conjunction with the Technical Program Manager (TPM).
- Develop inbound and outbound integrations to and from Anaplan models through Anaplan UI and API.
- Conduct data reconciliation within planning models and troubleshoot solution defects as they are reported.
- Develop end-user reporting and planning apps (NUX) within Anaplan.
- Delivering end-user training and conducting knowledge transfer sessions with end users.
- A BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or Business or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in implementing Anaplan Planning applications including a minimum of 2 full-cycle implementations. This may include but is not limited to data, planning, budgeting, analytics, reporting, and enabling technologies.
- Deep functional understanding of FP&A and/or Sales processes such as driver-based modeling, predictive forecasting, rolling forecast, scenario planning, cost allocations, Zero-based budgeting, Management reporting, Sales Planning, Quota Planning, Territory/Capacity Management, Incentive Compensation .
- Anaplan Level 2 certification (Certified Model Builder) is required. Certified Solution Architect (Level 3) is preferred .
- Advanced Excel proficiency is required. MOS/Excel Expert Certified is preferred.
- Strong understanding and experience with bi-directional integrations between source systems, Anaplan ecosystem (multiple data hubs and spoke models), and Data Warehouse
- Nice to have Emerging Finance Enabling Technologies (Robotic Process Automation technology, Artificial / Applied Intelligence technologies) in Finance / Accounting.
- Effective influencer and communicator across teams and at all levels.
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.