Enterprise Data & Intelligence (EDI) Manager
We’re looking for a strategic leader who is passionate about enabling data-driven decision-making for Sales. This role will lead the team working on Data Integrations, Data Engineering and Business Intelligence for Sales. As a Sales, Data & intelligence leader, you will be foundational to how the company operates by supporting the Sales Org at Asana. You will accelerate the business by connecting systems and data seamlessly, building dashboards to reflect the trends and insights.
The enterprise technology team delivers data insights and technical systems that give our teams leverage to accomplish their goals. We work cross-functionally with Asana’s Analytics, Data Science and business teams to understand their objectives and ensure they have the data and technical support they need to reach our audience.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Coach and mentor the team's engineers for individual impact, balance, growth, and leadership
- Partner with business domain experts, data scientists and analysts, and engineering teams to build a multi-year vision and roadmap for the team
- Identify opportunities to improve our data architecture and advocate for investment in those opportunities with senior leadership
- Thoughtfully craft the team's responsibilities, goals, and processes to achieve clarity and sustainable delivery across all functions
- Be an expert on the lead to quote processes and recommend data solutions for increasing revenue
- Partner with recruiting and other engineering managers to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Upcoming Sample Projects:
- Building a data foundation for inbound & outbound pipeline data
- Manage and build real time pipelines between different business systems like Zuora and Salesforce
- Deliver best in class Executive dashboard(s) for cross functional insights
- Tableau Enterprise feature adoption for Tableau community @ Asana
- Bachelor Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years of engineering management experience preferably in data engineering, data integrations and business intelligence
- 10+ years of total work experience building data solutions including architectures, data models and data production systems, reports and dashboards
- Focus on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done — and then doing it
- Experience partnering with analytics/data science/product/Sales/Marketing teams on both large, strategic data projects and routine partner work
- In-depth and hands on experience working with Salesforce, Clari, Anaplan and other Sales applications including integration, security, administration and other core features
- Deliver scalable technical solution architecture and integrated solution involving different applications (including Sales and Service Cloud, Territory Management, CPQ as well as third party) and a variety of middleware products (Mulesoft, Boomi, Snaplogic, etc) establishing quality and schedule
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $207,000- $263,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.