Principal Algorithms and Signal Processing Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, March 1, 2021
Bodyport is a virtual cardiac clinic aimed at reducing the burden of heart disease through personalized, evidence-based care. In just one daily step, our novel sensors and algorithms predict changes in health status, enabling early, optimized interventions that significantly improve outcomes. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6 million Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year). Bodyport is backed by leading investors including Initialized Capital, Playground Global, Boehringer Ingelheim, Y Combinator, and Rock Health.
As Lead Algorithms and Signal Processing Engineer, you will oversee the development and implementation of algorithms and signal processing techniques that power the detection, prediction, and prevention of heart disease. You will lead the development of our signal processing infrastructure used to decipher complex patterns in rich time-series data. You will have the opportunity to work with novel signal data, helping discover new non-invasive biomarkers that diagnose disease and save lives.
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and certifications.
San Francisco, CA pay range
$143,000 — $220,000
Your role at Bodyport:
- Validate Bodyport’s algorithms to demonstrate product accuracy within diverse subject populations
- Design and implement signal processing algorithms to extract biomarkers from Bodyport’s novel sensors and signals
- Leverage Bodyport's datasets to develop new insights and uncover unique patterns that help predict disease
- Create robust feature extraction systems for input to machine learning models
- Provide design input specifications, requirements, and guidance to software and firmware engineers for online algorithm implementation
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- MS or PhD in biology, engineering, bioinformatics, data science, or another relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in a signal processing or data science role, ideally working on a product in healthcare or life sciences
- Strong understanding of human physiology and computational biology
- Deep knowledge of advanced processing techniques for physiological signals
- Experience working with wavelets, Fourier transforms, and digital filters
- Experience developing algorithms for medical device or life sciences products
- Proficiency in Python and experience with source control (Git)
We want you to know
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
See more open positions at Bodyport
Something looks off?