Account Executive - Southeast
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
BookNook is a comprehensive literacy intervention program, providing instruction through a synchronous teaching and learning platform, standards-aligned curriculum and tutoring services. Since 2016, BookNook has served more than 500 school districts and non-profit partners across 40 states. A 2022 research study with the Consortium for Policy Research in Education suggests a clear link between high-impact tutoring with BookNook and literacy scores. BookNook is committed to bridging the literacy opportunity gap by scaling technology innovation to reach students through its network of experienced and vetted tutors. For more information, visit https://www.booknook.com.
The Account Executive (Partnerships Manager) will cultivate and manage relationships with mainly public school and district decision makers in their focused territory. The focus of this role is to drive new business! You will be our field advocates building the brand and generating revenue. With that in mind, the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, educational advocates, and senior district administrators is vital. Must be located in the Southeast region of the US.
At BookNook You Will
- Generate revenue in your assigned territory with a variety of strategies
- Build, maintain, and forecast an accurate sales pipeline and log activities in CRM
- Set and run meetings with senior district officials in larger public school districts
- Contact existing relationships to generate interest in BookNook solutions
- Conduct product sales presentation in person and via webinars
- Provide expert knowledge of our product to prospects
- Identify local opportunities and initiatives, then work with Marketing to create a targeted campaign
- Build a network of influencers and adopters who can create opportunities for future partnerships
- Utilize your skills and experience to further the development of your peers
You are a good fit for this role if you have
- Are interested in working in a mission-based company with a dual bottom line, both being financially successful and also helping kids overcome educational obstacles
- Have 3+ years of experience building relationships with key decision makers at school districts in your focused region(s)
- Have significant experience in a scaled B2B Service or SaaS sales operation
- Have solid sales experience in EdTech
- Have been part of a startup during rapid growth and have helped evolve a great sales team into a scaled, effective sales operation
- Have an understanding of the tutoring or curriculum space
- Thrive in an environment based on the principle of High Standards and High Fives
Perks and Benefits
- Compensation: For this role, the salary range is $75 - $85k plus commission
- Work Remotely: Live and work where you like in the United States
- Health Insurance: We offer a very comprehensive benefits package
- 401(k): 3% Company Match
- Time to Recharge: We offer unlimited PTO, 12 paid holidays, and two company-wide closure weeks
- Equity: We offer all full-time employees an equity grant that vests over a standard schedule.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop and a monthly stipend for home expenses.
Since 2016, we have served more than 500 school districts and non-profit partners across 40 states. Join our team of innovators who share a commitment to provide equitable access to rigorous and engaging instruction. Our employees make an impact on students' lives by providing a synchronous online learning platform designed to enhance academic achievement through small-group reading instruction and online tutoring.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BookNook is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. BookNook does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. This position description is not all inclusive for every aspect of this role. Reasonable accommodation will be made for individuals covered by ADA, ADEA, FMLA and other laws and regulations in accordance with their requirements. Physical and mental demands are not and should not be construed to be job qualification standards, but are illustrated to help the employer, employee and/or applicant identify tasks where reasonable accommodations may need to be made when an otherwise qualified person is unable to perform the job’s essential duties because of an ADA disability. Other qualifications may be required to ensure employment eligibility in accordance with local laws and regulations and with BookNook, Inc. policies and practices.If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at HR@BookNook.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.