Maternal Health Equity Thought Leadership Intern
About Cayaba Care
Our mission is to improve outcomes in underserved communities by reimagining how maternity care is delivered. Our team is focused on building technology-enabled solutions to deliver holistic, home-based clinical and non-clinical services to improve maternity/newborn outcomes.
To learn more about Cayaba Care, please visit www.cayabacare.com.
Cayaba Care is seeking a passionate and driven intern to assist in expanding the company's thought leadership in the crucial domain of maternal health equity. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to shaping conversations, identifying key forums, and supporting executives in disseminating insights and expertise in maternal health equity. This is an unpaid internship.
- Research and Analysis:
- Conduct in-depth research on current trends, challenges, and innovations in maternal health equity.
- Identify and analyze key forums, conferences, and platforms relevant to maternal health, focusing on opportunities for executive participation and thought leadership. Particular focus in supporting our Chief Medical Officer and Co-Founder
- Assist in crafting a thought leadership strategy that aligns with Cayaba Care's vision and objectives in maternal health equity.
- Collaborate with the team to develop content themes, topics, and messaging for thought leadership initiatives.
- Coordination and Support:
- Coordinate logistics for executive participation in identified forums and events, including scheduling, material preparation, and follow-up activities.
- Support executives in creating compelling presentations, articles, or other content to showcase Cayaba Care's expertise in maternal health equity.
- Coordinate marketing and communications operations and support team in executing on strategic plans
- Performance Tracking and Reporting:
- Track the impact and reach of thought leadership initiatives through metrics such as engagement, audience reach, and feedback.
- Prepare regular reports summarizing the effectiveness of strategies and recommend adjustments as needed.
Who you are
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a graduate or undergraduate degree in public health, healthcare administration, sociology, pre-med or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in maternal health, health equity, or related fields.
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and familiarity with social media platforms.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
Our Cayaba Care Values:
Healthcare is Human: We partner with the communities we serve to address the unique needs of our patients and support whole person care.
Pursue Excellence: We earn & build trust with our patients, partners, & each other by striving for excellence without compromising our standards.
Uplift: We elevate and center underrepresented voices.
Embrace Innovation: We are creative & resourceful in getting things done.
Together, not alone: Moving maternal healthcare forward is a shared responsibility that we all care deeply about.