District Marketing Leader
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you'll do:
As the Leader of District Marketing, you will be responsible for leading the strategy and outreach to school districts in the United States. You will work closely with the product and marketing teams to create our strategy for district engagement, develop positioning & campaigns to increase school district awareness and consideration of ClassDojo, build relationships with district administrators and decision-makers, and inform the company on how policy & educational trends affect ClassDojo.
In this role, you will:
- Take initiative: you will be the first hire focused fully on school district marketing and, as such, will need to both think strategically and roll up your sleeves on execution toward goals
- Develop & lead district campaign strategy and execution
- Conduct user research to understand the needs and pain points of district administrators
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and trust teams to develop messaging, positioning, and campaigns that resonate with district administrators
- Provide a personal touch: build and maintain relationships with district administrators and decision-makers
- Ensure that districts have the resources and support needed to implement ClassDojo successfully at scale
- Lead conversations, training sessions, and workshops for administrators to increase their awareness and consideration; represent ClassDojo at education conferences and events.
- Monitor and report on district usage and outcomes, and use data to continuously improve our approach
- Collaborate with the product and marketing teams to identify potential district partners and develop marketing materials to support outreach efforts
- Develop content marketing strategies and create compelling content to educate and engage with district administrators
You will be a match if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in education or education technology, with a track record of success in building relationships with district administrators and decision-makers
- You have proven ability to develop and execute successful district-level marketing campaigns and strategy for education technology
- You are an excellent communicator and have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with diverse audiences
- You are a strong project manager and possess organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- You have passion for education and a deep enthusiasm for helping schools and districts innovate & overcome challenges
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo, an app to help teachers and parents communicate better, raises $35M (TechCrunch)
- Closing the Gap Between Classrooms and Students, ClassDojo Sees Skyrocketing Usage (Crunchbase)
- ClassDojo's Second Act Comes with First Profits (TechCrunch) and Sam's note about it.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.
Something looks off?