Privacy Program Manager
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
You will own ClassDojo’s privacy program. The scope of this ranges from our data deletion experiences, to retention policies, to how we communicate, to what we do with our customer’s data.
This will involve:
- Creating and conducting scalable privacy assessments
- Partnering with Engineering to release improvements and audit new features
- Enhancing our data retention policies
- Making sure our data usage is compliant with emerging law in each region that we operate in
- Ensuring our different types of users (parent, teacher, school leaders, children) are aware of how ClassDojo protects their data, what data Dojo has, and where they can learn more
You will be a match if:
- You are passionate about data privacy
- You are IAPP Certified
- You have had 3+ years of experience leading, coordinating, and delivering interdisciplinary projects especially in partnership with legal counsel.
- You have implemented OneTrust and other automated privacy practices before, in partnership with counsel and engineering
- You are technical enough to write SQL queries and audit data stores
You might be a good fit if:
- You have management experience
- You have had experience responding to a regulatory inquiry
- You have managed the relationship with certifying bodies
- You have managed the privacy evaluation process of new vendors
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.