The time is right for financial products to do better so you can make the most of your income. EarnUp is on a mission to create a financial system that works for everyone by transforming the loan payments ecosystem into a key driver for achieving financial wellness. We do this through our customer-centric and data-driven payments platform. Our platform offers flexibility in payment schedules while intelligently automating mortgage payments to help our users pay off loans faster. We are a dedicated and diverse team of hardworking innovators working to help people get out of debt. Come help us disrupt the $20 trillion debt market we have today and let’s make a difference together.
We are looking for a QA Engineer that wants to see the impact of their work to join the engineering organization in our Costa Rica office. You have a passion for quality and will be responsible for the design and implementation of major initiatives within the organization requiring deep technical knowledge and understanding of the business domain. You are constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems that require broad influence in the company.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
What you bring:
- 2-5 years of manual/automated testing experience
- 1 year of software engineering experience
- Experience in API and REST endpoint testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in open-source automated testing tools (Selenium, Cypress, Playwright)
- Familiarity with Postgres / SQL databases
- Some familiarity with FE technologies (TypeScript / NodeJS / React)
- Passion for problem solving, automation and testing
Why You Will Love Working at EarnUp
- Fast-paced, collaborative startup dedicated to providing opportunities to learn and grow.
- Competitive salary.
- 8 am to 5 pm schedule with a work from home benefit.
- Life and Medical Insurance.
- Strong culture where we collaborate, innovate and have fun together.
- Employee Resource Groups and active DEI Advisory Council.
- Full Kitchen Equipment.
- Lunch sponsored by EarnUp once a week.
- Sponsored Team Building.
- Recognition Program.
- Tuition Program.
- Seniority Program.
Diversity is in our DNA. At EarnUp, diversity is not only accepted and respected, it’s celebrated and it is critical to our success. We foster an environment for exceptional people which includes a sense of belonging for all.
- EarnUp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.