Manager, Revenue & Technical Accounting
Our team is committed to enhancing physician and patient quality of life through Elation, a SaaS cloud-based clinical platform. Since inception, we’ve been focused on building a world-class technology solution that creates an experience of delight and ease for physicians, and that our users love.
Seeking a highly skilled Manager, Revenue & Technical Accounting with 6+ years of experience, including a mix of public and private accounting, and a background in SaaS technology. Reporting into the VP, Controller, you’ll be a core part of the Accounting Team.
If you are a results-driven accounting professional with a strong technical background and a passion for SaaS technology, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and contribute to the financial success of our organization while advancing your career in a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Technical Accounting: Perform technical accounting research and document accounting positions and supporting analysis. Lead the implementation and application of new accounting standards.
- Complex transactions: Provide technical accounting expertise on complex transactions and issues.
- Revenue Accounting: Oversee the end-to-end revenue recognition process, ensuring accurate revenue recognition and compliance with ASC 606.
- As part of the monthly close and reporting process manage revenue, deferred revenue and accounts receivable reconciliations and perform BvA and month-over-month variance analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze and structure revenue contracts.
- Develop and maintain revenue accounting policies and procedures.
Financial Reporting: Ensure accurate and timely completion of financial reports for management reporting, GAAP reporting, investor reporting and debt compliance. Prepare trend and variance analysis for assigned GL accounts at entity and consolidated level.
- Audit: Coordinate the annual external audit and act as a liaison to the external auditors addressing inquiries and requests.
- Communication: Maintain timely, clear, and effective communication with the Corporate Controller, weekly regarding the status of all accounting projects, team initiatives, and accounting tasks.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Build and maintain strong working relationships FP&A, RevOps, Customer Success Team, Sales, Legal and other business functions.
Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement best practices in accounting operations. Lead implementation of automated process solutions with focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, with a focus on revenue processes.Tax Compliance: In collaboration with the VP, Controller, ensure tax compliance including sales tax, federal and state income taxes and other tax requirements.
- Other: Prepare ad hoc analysis and schedules, support peers as needed, perform other duties assigned by your manager and help drive accounting OKRs & KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA certification preferred.
- 6+ of progressive accounting experience.
- A mix of public accounting (Big 4 or similar) and private industry experience.
- Background in SaaS technology preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, especially in the areas of revenue recognition.
- Experience with complex accounting transactions and technical accounting research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time-management skills, and ability to multi-task and handle urgent requests.
- Ability to convey complex accounting concepts to non-accounting stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Insatiable curiosity; self-starter with a can-do attitude and ability to positively implement change.
- Proactive at identifying and remedying issues quickly with a high degree of confidentiality and efficiency as well as clearly and concisely communicating problems/solutions to the team.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with ERP systems. Netsuite preferred.
Salary range: $110,000 - 140,000
Elation welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life. Elation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and value individuals with diverse perspectives including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Elation also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. We firmly believe a strong culture that supports a diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to achieve Elation’s mission of helping independent primary care thrive.
As a healthcare technology company whose mission is to support IPCPs and frontline healthcare workers, and as a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Elation Health has adopted a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Elation will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide People Ops (firstname.lastname@example.org) with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.