Senior Commissioning Engineer
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The Project Engineering team within the Commercial Operations group at Form will be instrumental in the deployment, commissioning, and operations of Form's projects and products and will be invaluable in scaling our technology in the market.
We are seeking an experienced commissioning engineer to lead the commissioning of utility-scale projects utilizing Form’s multi-day energy storage technology. In this role, you will help to establish, document, and execute the commissioning process for Form’s pioneering product. You will take the lead on commissioning starting with in-house pilot deployments through multi-megawatt utility deployments. You will work closely with internal product and project engineers, external engineering, procurement, and construction partners, and external equipment suppliers. This is a critical role to ensure the successful operation of Form’s product deployments. The ideal person will be comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment, communicating frequently with internal and external stakeholders, and shall be capable of working collaboratively and independently.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to be the first commissioning engineer at Form and participate from the ground floor in ramping our project deployments at scale, where you will contribute to a sustainable future.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development and documentation of the commissioning process for Form’s multi-day energy storage product, including the incorporation of equipment supplier commissioning processes, and own updates as changes occur
- Work closely with Form’s systems engineering and product management teams to develop a deep technical understanding of the product and its application
- Work closely with Form’s software development team to define and develop digital commissioning platforms to facilitate optimized commissioning processes
- Manage commissioning and acceptance testing for Form project deployments and prepare pre-commissioning checklists, commissioning plans and SOPs, commissioning checklists, functional test methodologies, acceptance testing procedures, and commissioning/acceptance testing reports for customers and internal stakeholders
- Support project management and project engineering by reviewing project detail design and major equipment selection to ensure deployments are designed and scheduled for cost-effective and efficient commissioning and support project turnover and training
- Travel to client or project sites up to 50% of the time
What You'll Bring:
- 3 plus years of hands-on experience in renewable energy project commissioning or performance testing
- Strong understanding of SCADA communication protocols such as Modbus and DNP3, networking design and operation, energy management systems, battery management systems, and utility relay and metering equipment
- Resourceful team player capable of collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams, including systems engineering, product management, and software development
- Ability to coordinate and engage with external stakeholders, including clients, owner’s engineers, EPC contractors, independent engineers, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, Electrical Engineering experience preferred
The salary range for this role is $142,970 - $176,255. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. #LI-DNI
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?