Staff Electrical Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
As a member of the battery products team, this new team member will be an integral part of proving out our full scale cell and battery module performance. You will be invested in battery performance, developing testing and data collection methods to enable our first ever product deployment. We are a hands-on team who all love diving into hard problems like test troubleshooting and designing out these problems for future tests.
What You'll Do:
- Own the design and testing of PCBs for both product cells and modules, and non-product test vehicles
- Ensure data acquisition during reliability and validation testing and accelerate product learnings with minimal resources
- Engage with stakeholders to align on test setup requirements and priority of planned improvements
- Ensuring ohmic drop analysis though our battery modules on test, ensuring that each test is meeting electrical systems efficiency requirements for the product
- Troubleshoot first of a kind testing setups for modules and full-scale cells
What You'll Bring:
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree/experience
- 4+ years of experience with PCB design
- Knowledge of how to design electrical test setups to both minimize resources for setup and maximize length of test without interruption
- Expertise with data analysis and scripting (Python preferred but not required)
- Excellent communication skills and experience wrangling different stakeholders to align on a set of requirements
- Thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment
The salary range for this role is $142,970 - $176,255. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?