Gusto’s Accounting team is looking for a talented payroll expert to help support our growing organization and wrap up our year end! We are looking for someone who thrives in a positive work environment surrounded by mission driven teammates.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Monthly and Quarterly Reconciling filings
- Help the team with the payroll process for 3,200 exempt and nonexempt employees in the United States, Canada, and Israel.
- Complete on-and off-cycle payroll processing activities, for multi-state U.S. and international payrolls, accurately, timely, and efficiently in compliance with all federal, state/provincial, local, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform audits on data and system maintenance, including, but not limited to new hire set up, tax forms processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, benefits set up, terminations, and garnishments processing
- Follow, develop, and maintain internal control policies, procedures, and compliance with respect to the payroll process, including, but not limited to pay policies, payroll calendars, payroll checklists, process maps and other procedural documentation.
- Provide client support to all areas of the organization in the United States and internationally, which can include: payroll processing, ticket management, issue trend analysis, and project related work.
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records.
- Expected to support payroll processing in accordance with our internal teams on Mondays and Tuesdays each week.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Experience with processing multiple pay groups (e.g. Exempt & Non - Exempt) in Workday and using Workday as an HRIS for at least 2 years as the most recent experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience processing domestic and international payroll.
- Experience with processing payroll volume of over 3,200 employees.
- Equity Transaction / Public Co Readiness Exp
- Retirement 401k Deductions & Fidelity Funding
- G/L Support for Accounting / month end support
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- A capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment
- Work diligently to meet swift deadlines in accordance with our service level agreements
- Effectively manages ambiguity when defining problems
- Conduct research and analysis to support completion of tasks, uses data to develop solutions
- Takes ownership of multiple projects, issues and problems; proactive with communication to update stakeholders and team on deliverables
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $82,000 - $102,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $100,000 - $124,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?