Head of Marketing & Forecasting Analytics
As the Head of Forecasting and Marketing Analytics, you will work closely with Finance, Marketing, Marketing Ops, and the broader Revenue organization to drive data-driven decision making for marketing and financial strategies.
You will lead a team of analysts to develop and execute forecasting models and marketing analytics that improve customer acquisition, retention, and overall customer value. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize marketing campaigns, improve customer experience, and drive business growth.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually.
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-Day
- Lead a team of analysts responsible for developing, implementing, and measuring marketing initiatives and financial forecasts
- Work closely with Finance, Marketing, and Marketing Operations to develop and implement data-driven strategies to acquire, engage and retain Customers, and maximize customer lifetime value
- Develop and maintain forecasting models to project revenue, expenses, and cash flows for the organization
- Establish KPIs, create dashboards, and provide regular reporting to the executive team on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Operations to optimize marketing campaigns and improve Customer experience
- Develop and maintain marketing attribution models to understand the impact of marketing activities on revenue and Customer behavior
- Identify opportunities for optimization and growth across various marketing channels and make data-driven recommendations to the Marketing team.
- Ensure data accuracy, consistency, and completeness across first and third party data
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to continuously improve forecasting and marketing analytics processes and tools
Here’s What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing, Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 10+ years of experience in forecasting and marketing analytics, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Strong analytical skills, with expertise in data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Excel, SQL, Tableau)
- Experience with financial forecasting models and marketing automation platforms, CRM systems, and other marketing technologies
- Proven track record of driving business growth through data-driven marketing and financial strategies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills, with the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in e-commerce or SaaS industry is a plus
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $167,000 -$200,000/year in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?