Demand Generation Marketing Manager - Symmetry
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Symmetry Software is now part of Gusto. Symmetry is the payroll infrastructure for software & payroll platforms powering the paychecks of over 64 million workers each year. Our fully integrated suite of payroll tax APIs and software tools allows companies to solve tax compliance issues and build applications across the entirety of the payroll process.
We are looking for a growth-oriented Demand Generation Marketer. This is a key position within the Marketing team at Symmetry. This role is responsible for developing modern, effective marketing approaches and scaling and executing integrated demand generation campaigns that drive high velocity qualified leads for Symmetry’s sales and marketing organization. You’ll closely partner with our sales team and be responsible for ambitious targets and pushing the envelope to unlock conversion at scale and ROI.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 5 years to 10 years of experience in demand generation marketing from the B2B SaaS, FinTech, HRTech or high-growth stage startup, with a strong understanding of both qualitative and quantitative marketing strategies and tactics. You should be able to lead with a growth-mindset and adapt in a modern fast-paced environment. This role will report directly into the Chief Marketing Officer at Symmetry.
Role Type: Hybrid (This is a hybrid work arrangement for Arizona residents. You will work from our Scottsdale office at least two days each week).
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop, plan, own and execute end-to-end integrated demand generation marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including website, email, social media, webinars, events, content marketing, paid advertising and others
- Collaborate and seek alignment on shared programs between Sales, Product, Tax Research and Client Success/Software Support teams
- Build and analyze data reports tracking MQL, SQL, CPL, MRR, ARR, CAC, LTV performance. Set up experiments to validate hypothesis by A/B testing to improve gaps in the funnel conversion
- Improve our lead to customer conversion rate by refining messaging, inbound and outbound programs, and creative
- Communicate and report on KPIs, campaign performance and use data-driven insights to identify opportunities for campaign optimization, and improvement of website traffic, lead quality, lead velocity, and pipeline generation
- Work closely with the SDR for both granular tracking, reporting, and efficient lead management in the handoff from marketing to sales
- Evaluate use of tools and channels, and plan to execute to increase efficiency and performance
- Craft and execute a content marketing strategy that supports demand generation goals, including the creation of gated content, blog posts, case studies, thought leadership, whitepapers, ebooks, and other lead gen collateral
- Build and manage relationships with third-party vendors and/or agency partners, such as performance media agency, industry associations & partnerships, industry influencers, thought leaders, and content syndication providers, to drive additional lead generation opportunities
- Work closely with the sales team to understand their needs and develop sales outreach and nurture campaigns that achieve shared goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and customer needs to inform marketing strategy and messaging
- Manage allocated marketing budget and identify resources to maximize lead gen performance
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 5 years to 10 years of experience developing, owning and executing successful demand gen marketing campaigns in either B2B SaaS, API lead companies, FinTech, HRTech or late stage startups.
- Experience with tools such as HubSpot, NetSuite, Salesforce, Google Suite, Optimizely, Tableau, Marketo, Outreach, SEOMoz and Slack.
- An OBSESSION with proving ROI, and an expert in data & analytics
- Hands-on experience working across different digital marketing disciplines, including email marketing, video, trade show marketing, partnership marketing, CRO, SEO, SEM, online advertising, lead generation, and more.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results on time and on budget.
- Proven to be a succinct writer and clear communicator.
- Builder mindset who can work individually or enjoys collaboration with others.
- Be proactive in seeking out creative opportunities and communicate often with transparency.
- Strong attention to detail. You can dive into the weeds with your team and pick up on the seemingly small, yet important, details.
- Display grit. We’re an established industry brand but function like a high-growth startup, and will expect you to roll up your sleeves and work hard to provide feedback and get the job done.
- Bias for speed. Activate your growth mindset. We move very quickly, and will expect you to set a similar pace.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $107,000/yr to $133,000/yr in Scottsdale & most remote locations, and $139,000/yr to $171,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.