Sr. Communications Manager
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be a key member of our Integrated Communications team who supports building our brand externally
- Help build Gusto’s economic research agenda in partnership with Gusto’s Economics and Policy teams. Identify key trends, externally and internally through Gusto platform data and customer stories.
- Establish and maintain relationships with journalists and other influencers, including economic, labor, broadcast, and mainstream culture and workplace-focused press. business, technology, and culture-focused press.
- Help build corporate and product-thought leadership platforms. Partner with our Product Comms team to use data to establish thought leadership and garner opportunities to highlight Gusto’s product features and services
- Support company-wide communications processes and manage company communications channels.
- Partner closely across our Integrated Communications team to ensure alignment of messaging
- Works closely with Gusto leaders to support key company initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- Approximately 10 years of in-house or agency experience in corporate communications or public relations.
- You always have your finger on the pulse of trends today, and you’re constantly searching and thinking about shaping the trends of tomorrow.
- Experience building or managing research/data comms programs or helping to guide research-based thought leadership.
- Have a special knack for concepting and telling stories in a clear, intriguing, and effective way across multiple mediums. Ability to connect different sets of internal and external data to external trends in a way that is easily understable and compelling for multiple audiences. And you’re able to see what’s not necessarily obvious to everyone else.
- You’re a trusted counselor and advisor to stakeholders across the company.
- Resourceful, highly curious, and relentless in pursuit of bringing compelling stories to life.
- Have a special knack for concepting and telling stories in a clear, intriguing, and effective way across multiple mediums. And you’re able to see what’s not necessarily obvious to everyone else.
- Ability to build and own complex programs that involve multiple business partners in a high-growth organization.
- You prioritize building scalable programs and measuring both program and business impact
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $139,000/year - $163,000/year for San Francisco & New York, and $115,000/year - $141,000/year in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.